收起左侧

2019.11.15 金伯利-莫特利是一名美国律师

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-15 04:55:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Kimberley Motley is an American attorney and the first foreign lawyer to practise in Afghanistan.

Born in 1975 to an African-American father and a North Korean mother, she grew up in a poor neighbourhood in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where hers was the only mixed-race family - and the only family with two parents. Education was very important to her parents, who sent their four children to private schools and also paid for extra tutoring.

After completing degrees in Criminal Justice and Law, Kimberley spent five years working as a Public Defender before taking up the opportunity in 2008 to go to Afghanistan for a year to train local lawyers. Her husband, Claude, stayed in the US to take care of their three children. When her one-year contract in Afghanistan came to an end, she decided to stay and started her own private legal practice.

Initially she only took on foreign clients, but once she had familiarised herself with the intricacies of local laws and customs, she accepted her first Afghan client. She has gone on to build a thriving practice, with a 70-30% ratio of paid to pro-bono work. Her practice now extends to other parts of the world including Uganda, Ghana and the UAE and earlier this year she published a book about her working life.

DISC ONE: Will Smith - A Nightmare on My Street
DISC TWO: Elton John - I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues
DISC THREE: LL Cool J - I'm Bad
DISC FOUR: KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
DISC FIVE: Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me
DISC SIX: Ed Sheeran - I See Fire
DISC SEVEN: The Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
DISC EIGHT: Kendrick Lamar - DNA

BOOK CHOICE: 1984 by George Orwell
LUXURY ITEM: Business card holder with photo of her children
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: Pump It by Black Eyed Peas

金伯利-莫特利是一名美国律师,也是第一位在阿富汗执业的外国律师。

她出生于1975年,父亲是非洲裔美国人,母亲是朝鲜人,她在威斯康星州密尔沃基的一个贫困社区长大,她是那里唯一的混血家庭--也是唯一有双亲的家庭。教育对她的父母来说非常重要,他们把四个孩子送到私立学校,还支付额外的辅导费用。

在完成刑事司法和法律学位后,金伯利花了五年时间担任公设辩护人,然后在2008年抓住机会去阿富汗培训当地律师,为期一年。她的丈夫克劳德留在美国,照顾他们的三个孩子。当她在阿富汗的一年合同结束时,她决定留下来并开始自己的私人法律业务。

起初她只接受外国客户,但当她熟悉了当地错综复杂的法律和习俗后,她接受了第一个阿富汗客户。她后来建立了一个蓬勃发展的业务,有偿服务和无偿服务的比例为70-30%。她的业务现在扩展到世界其他地区,包括乌干达、加纳和阿联酋,今年早些时候她出版了一本关于她工作生活的书。

DISC ONE: 威尔-史密斯--我街的恶梦
DISC TWO: 埃尔顿-约翰 - 我猜想这就是为什么他们称之为蓝调的原因
DISC THREE: LL Cool J - I'm Bad
DISC FOUR:KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
DISC FIVE:Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me
DISC六:埃德-希兰 - 我看到了火
DISC第七张:黑眼豆豆 - Pump It
DISC EIGHT:Kendrick Lamar - DNA

书籍选择:乔治-奥威尔的《1984》。
奢侈品:印有她孩子照片的名片夹
CASTAWAY的最爱:黑眼豆豆的《Pump It》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 17:02 , Processed in 1.250970 second(s), 19 queries .