收起左侧

2019.03.10 埃丝特-兰岑夫人 主持人

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-20 01:44:24 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Dame Esther Rantzen is best known as the presenter of the long-running TV series That’s Life, which began on BBC One in 1973. She was both presenter and producer of the programme, which was hugely successful, regularly reaching 20 million viewers. It featured consumer affairs, vox pops and light-hearted pieces about talking dogs and peculiarly shaped vegetables, along with serious investigations, including reports on the safety of children’s playgrounds and on child abuse. A special edition of That’s Life in 1986 led Esther to set up Childline, the charity which offers support and information for young people.

That's Life ended after 21 years and Esther went on to present her own daytime talk show. A fan of reality TV, she’s appeared on Strictly Come Dancing, Celebrity First Dates, Celebrity Stars in their Eyes and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

It was while she was working on That’s Life that she met TV producer Desmond Wilcox. They later married and had three children. A few years after Desmond’s death, Esther wrote a newspaper article about how lonely she felt as a widow. The response inspired her to set up her second charity, Silverline, which offers friendship and advice to older, lonely people.

She has received many TV awards over the years and was made a Dame in 2015 for her charity work. She stood unsuccessfully as an independent MP for Luton South in the General Election of 2010. Now 78, she is still very involved in her charity work and is a grandmother of five.

BOOK CHOICE: Poem for the Day with a Foreword by Wendy Cope
LUXURY: A bath – sometimes filled with hot water, sometimes cold water and sometimes champagne.
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: September Song by Frank Sinatra

埃丝特-兰岑夫人最著名的身份是1973年开始在英国广播公司第一频道播放的长期电视系列节目《生活就是这样》的主持人。她既是该节目的主持人又是制片人,该节目非常成功,经常有2000万观众。节目内容包括消费者事务、流行语、关于会说话的狗和形状奇特的蔬菜的轻松节目,以及严肃的调查,包括关于儿童游乐场安全和虐待儿童的报道。1986年的《生活》特别版促使埃斯特成立了儿童热线,这是一个为年轻人提供支持和信息的慈善机构。

生活》在21年后结束,埃丝特继续主持她自己的日间谈话节目。作为真人秀节目的粉丝,她曾出现在《Strictly Come Dancing》、《Celebrity First Dates》、《Celebrity Stars in their Eyes》和《I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here》中。

正是在她为《生活大爆炸》工作的时候,她遇到了电视制片人德斯蒙德-威尔考克斯。他们后来结婚并有了三个孩子。德斯蒙德去世几年后,埃丝特在报纸上写了一篇文章,讲述她作为一个寡妇感到多么孤独。这一反应激励她成立了她的第二个慈善机构--"银线",为年长、孤独的人提供友谊和建议。

多年来,她获得了许多电视奖项,并在2015年因其慈善工作而被授予贵族称号。在2010年的大选中,她作为卢顿南部的独立议员参选,但未获成功。现在她已经78岁了,她仍然非常投入她的慈善工作,并且是五个孩子的祖母。

书籍选择:《每日一诗》,温迪-科普的前言
奢侈品:洗澡--有时装热水,有时装冷水,有时装香槟。
卡斯特威的最爱:弗兰克-辛纳屈的《九月歌》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 13:51 , Processed in 0.087341 second(s), 19 queries .