2018.08.05 Pam Ayres是一位诗人和广播员

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-25 21:46:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Pam Ayres is a poet and broadcaster.

Pam was born in the Vale of the White Horse and retains her characteristic Berkshire burr. She is the youngest of six children, and grew up in the company of her four brothers and a sister in a small council house.

Although she was interested in writing from an early age, she failed her 11-plus exam and left school at 15 to join the Civil Service and later the Women's Royal Air Force, where she found opportunities to appear in amateur dramatics.

She began to perform her comic verse in local folk clubs in the early 1970s and her first break came when she secured a spot on BBC Radio Oxford. In 1975, she won the TV talent show Opportunity Knocks and by the following year she had given up her day job.

Pam has sold more than three million copies of her books, and has been called "the people's poet", thanks to her ability to write verse which resonates with a wide audience. Her best-loved poems include Oh, I Wish I'd Looked After Me Teeth, which was voted one of the UK's top ten comic verses in a BBC poll. Striking a very different note, her poem Woodland Burial has become a popular reading at funerals.

Pam Ayres是一位诗人和广播员。

帕姆出生在白马谷,保留了她特有的伯克希尔的毛发。她是六个孩子中最小的一个,与她的四个兄弟和一个姐妹一起在一个小的委员会房子里长大。

虽然她从小就对写作感兴趣,但她没有通过11级考试,15岁时离开学校,加入了公务员队伍,后来又加入了女子皇家空军,在那里她找到了参加业余戏剧演出的机会。

20世纪70年代初,她开始在当地的民间俱乐部表演她的滑稽诗,当她在BBC牛津电台获得一个位置时,她的第一次突破。1975年,她赢得了电视选秀节目《机会来了》,第二年她就放弃了日常工作。

帕姆的书已经卖出了300多万册,并被称为 "人民的诗人",这要归功于她写诗的能力,能引起广大读者的共鸣。她最受欢迎的诗歌包括《哦,我希望我照顾好我的牙齿》,这首诗在英国广播公司的投票中被评为英国十大喜剧诗之一。她的诗歌《林地埋葬》是一个非常不同的音符,已经成为葬礼上的流行读物。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 18:51 , Processed in 1.170117 second(s), 19 queries .