收起左侧

2013.01.06 霍华德-斯金格爵士

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-4-26 21:26:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 06 Jan 2013Available for over a year
Kirsty Young's castaway this week is Sir Howard Stringer. Now Chairman of the Board and formerly CEO of Sony, he was surely the only Chief Executive who was a decorated Vietnam vet as he knelt before the Queen to be knighted. It gives you something of an idea of the breadth and height of his achievements.

Born in Cardiff he went to 11 different schools before his 16th birthday and it clearly gave him restless feet. In the mid-sixties he headed to America where his first job was answering phones for the Ed Sullivan Show. He loved TV and it felt the same about him. He's won a raft of Emmys for his productions and worked with all the big beasts of the broadcasting jungle including Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather and David Letterman.

He has spent the last few years commuting between New York, Tokyo, London and Hollywood - the first and so far only westerner to run the Japanese giant Sony.

He says - "I think I'm a bit prone to new adventures. The same damned impulse that got me in trouble by sending me to America in the first place compels me to take challenges when offered them."

发布日期:2013年1月6日发布时间:一年多以来
克斯蒂-杨本周的弃儿是霍华德-斯金格爵士。他现在是董事会主席,以前是索尼公司的首席执行官,当他跪在女王面前受封为爵士时,他肯定是唯一一位在越南受勋的首席执行官。这让你对他的成就的广度和高度有了一定的了解。

他出生在卡迪夫,在他16岁生日之前,他去了11所不同的学校,这显然给了他不安分的脚。60年代中期,他前往美国,他的第一份工作是为埃德-沙利文节目接听电话。他喜欢电视,电视对他也有同样的感觉。他的作品赢得了一系列艾美奖,并与广播丛林中的所有巨兽合作,包括沃尔特-克朗凯特、丹-拉瑟和大卫-莱特曼。

在过去的几年里,他一直在纽约、东京、伦敦和好莱坞之间奔波,他是第一个也是迄今为止唯一一个管理日本巨头索尼的西方人。

他说--"我想我有点倾向于新的冒险。当初把我送到美国而使我陷入困境的那股该死的冲动,迫使我在得到挑战时接受挑战。"
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:39 , Processed in 1.034815 second(s), 20 queries .